CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Hong Kong

After a looong flight we went straight into traveling the city! I was so dead tired by the end of that day but it was still amazing to be there. Among other things me and some of the chicas went and saw the Big Buddah on our first day there and it was awesome. and huge. The next day we took a bus tour and saw victoria peak, a jewelry factory, took a boat ride to see the floating restaurant, and then they dropped us off at church which was probably the best part of the whole Hong Kong experience. Even though it was my second time experiencing it I was still overwhelmed with the spirit that was there. I was filled with gratitude and so humbled to be in the presence of the Filipina sisters there and to hear them bear their sweet testimonies. I was able to bear my testimony in relief society and it was just so neat to feel so at home and welcome there. Any sign of homesickness went away while I was there. Also, (after searching all over the building and asking everyone) I got to see Sister Dawson and some of Quinn's converts and friends from the mission! So amazing. That night we went down and explored the city and me and two girls familiarized ourselves with all forms of hong kong transportation because we had no idea where we were going. (ferry, taxi, mtr, bus, walking, running, yeah.) We tried to catch the lazer light show thats supposed to be one of the biggest in the world but we missed it due to getting lost. (but mostly due to stupidity) Anyhow, there are so many fun girls here. Its gonna be a good semester.


 








0 comments: